University Pain Centers is committed to the pursuit of high quality new and innovative treatment for many of the medical problems that fall under the aegis of Pain Management; making great strides toward that goal in the following clinical research areas:
- Neuropharmacology/neurophysiology of pain
- Predictive factors for Persistent Post-Surgical Pain
- Clinical Outcomes
- Pharmacodynamics of anesthetic and pain management drugs\
- Regional anesthesia and analgesia
Some of our ongoing clinical research at Rush Pain Center and Rush University Medical Center:
- Transition from Acute to Chronic Pain in Total Knee Arthroplasty Patients: Identifying Resilience and Vulnerability Profiles (NIH Sponsored)
- Risk factors for persistent postsurgical pain after total knee replacement
- Patients after minor surgery with monitored anesthesia care: Is it safe to drive?
- Use of driving tests to evaluate performance of chronic pain patients under treatment
- Effect of preoperative pain catastrophizing on acute and postoperative postsurgical pain.