Tolga Suvar, MD
Tolga Suvar, MD
Assistant Professor, Dept of Anesthesiology
Attending Physician, Rush Pain Center
Fellowship, Pain Management, Rush University Medical Center
Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Medical Education, Ross University
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Illinois Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Society of Pain and Neuroscience
Reviewer for Professional Journals
Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Christopher Paul, MD, Tolga Suvar, MD et al. “Comparisons of Monopolar Lesion Volumes with Hypertonic Saline Solution in Radiofrequency Ablation: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Ex Vivo Study.” Pain Physician. March/April 2020 – Vol 23 Issue 2
- Tolga Suvar , Jill Mhyre and Nadir Sharawi. “Life Threatening Pulmonary Embolism During Pregnancy Requiring Emergency Embolectomy.” JCAO, an open access journal 4 (2020): 113.
- Woodle B, Bingham D, Suvar T, Ramsey J, Stewart A. Malignant Hyperthermia: When You Least Expect It. Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society. August 2019; Vol. 116, No. 2
- Suvar T, Shah A, Crabtree D, Mhyre J (2018) A Retrospective Pilot Study: The Efficacy of Serratus Anterior Plane Nerve Catheters as an Alternative to Thoracic Epidural Catheters in the Treatment of Pain for Thoracic Surgeries. Anesth Commun 2: 103.
- Suvar T, Stevens M, Mehaffey G, Shah A, Arambulo M. Regional Anesthetic Technique for a Patient with Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and an Unusual Appearance of the Lower Extremity Nerves. Am J Anesth Clin Res. 2017;3(2): 034-036.
- Irby J, Suvar T, Mehaffey C. Incidental Finding in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit after
a Post-Anesthetic Seizure. Am J Anesth Clin Res. 2017;3(2): 037-039.
- Suvar T, Choi H and Arambulo M. Brachial Plexus Neuritis, a Rare Presentation of Parsonage-Turner Syndrome. Austin J Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2017; 5(3): 1064.
Committees and Administrative Services
RUMC Sarcoma Tumor Board
Fluent English, Turkish